People with BPD, or people in general, may be prone to assuming the worst in a whole range of situations. The reality is that whatever we go through in life, whatever comes our way, an infinite number of interpretations can be made which may or may not be fitting.
For example, I am walking down the street and someone bangs into me slightly. What are the possible explanations for this?
- They were trying to rob me
- They are partially sighted
- It was a genuine accident
- They wanted to hurt me
- They were rushing for the bus
- They were distracted by their phone
- They thought they had recognised me and were going in for a hug
- They misinterpreted how overweight they are
It is often intuitive and natural for people with sensitive and mistrusting dispositions to cling onto the most catastrophic interpretation possible. Doing so enables us to create…
View original post 209 more words